Important Message for Seniors & Senior Parents!
The Band Boosters are offering 2 $500 scholarships to FHN Band & Guard students. Applications are available to all participating Seniors. Please see Mr. Stegeman for a packet. Applications are due March 12th in the Band Booster drop box. Awards will be presented at Senior Awards night, April 25th.
Please contact with questions:
The 8th Annual FHN Art In Motion Festival is March 24th, 2018. For those new to the program, Art In Motion is a Winterguard Competition hosted by FHN & The Band Boosters. It is a day filled with fun and excitement, as we welcome Guard units from all over the area. Please Save the Date, as all parents & students will be requested to volunteer at the event.
A program will be made available to spectators, and sponsorships are also available for purchase. Ads & Sponsorships purchased greatly support the FHN Winterguard and Knightpride Marching Band. In addition, 1/3 of the price of the ad or sponsorship you sell goes directly into your student’s FFC account.
Here’s how you can begin selling.
Here’s how you can begin selling:
- All PDF documents are on the website here: http://wordpress.fhnbands.com/wp/art-in-motion/
Documents include: Cover Letter, Ad Request Form & Sponsorship Levels
- When approaching businesses, put the cover letter on top of the materials.
- It is suggested to take a copy of the Music In Motion program with you, show the business what a program looks like. There is a white box of programs in the Band room.
- When you have contacted and/or secured an ad or sponsorship, please update the Google doc so that we don’t make multiple contacts.
2018 AIM Ads/Sponsorships
Questions? Contact: Emily Weaver at firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of you may remember Mr. Gerald Thomas, father of Lynette Hoffman and grandfather of Jessica, Abigail & Zachary. I’m sorry to share the news that Gerald has passed away. You may remember him as the grandpa who always had a good joke, or the “cookie salesman” at Art In Motion! Jessica, Abigail & Zachary were members of Knightpride and Winterguard, and Craig & Lynette Hoffman were and still are proud supporters of the FHN Band & Guard programs. Visitation is scheduled for this Thursday at Archway Memorial Chapel in Hazelwood from 4-7pm. You may wish to contact Craig & Lynette at Lynandcraighoffman@yahoo.com Please keep the family in your thoughts and prayers.
Winterguard Parent Preview this Friday at 7pm! Come and see the 2018 show and support the FHSD Middle School & FHN High School Guard!
2018 Competition schedule HERE
Attached are the January Booster Meeting Minutes Gen Mtg January 2018
Please review them and alert the secretary of any errors or other questions at email@example.com The minutes will be presented for approval at the February meeting.
FHN Bands Winter Dinner & Dance
Sunday, February 18, 2018 – 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Sts. Joachim and Ann Care Service
4116 McClay Road, St. Charles, MO 63303
“The Celebration Room”
All Band Members, Color Guard, Winter Guard & Drum Line
You are invited to attend FHN Band Dinner and Dance. This event is only open to FHN above participants, no outside guests please.
Plan on a fun evening. Enjoy dinner, dancing and the “Reveal of FHN 2018 Marching Band Show”.
- Dress: Semi-formal, band performance attire.
- Bring a can good or nonperishable item for donation and receive a ticket for entry in the attendance prize drawing.
- Sign-up sheets posted on the Band room doors beginning January 16, 2018. Please sign up by February 9, 2018.
- There is no charge for this event, it is being funded by the Band Boosters. Please only sign up if you plan to attend as we’ll be ordering food from the sign-up sheet.
Booster Meeting tonight at 7pm in the Band room will be held as scheduled. Pick up & order scrip cards at the meeting.
Basketball games are On. Call Time 4pm.
The monthly Band Booster meeting is tomorrow, Tuesday January 16th at 7pm in the Band room. Please join us!
On the agenda…
- Winter Guard season
- Winter Dance
Tomorrow evening is also a Pep Band double header. Call time is 4pm. You can find the complete schedule (including Call times) on the Band website. You can also find Important Dates for all upcoming events on the Program Calendar. Click HERE
A message from Mr. Stegeman ….
Purchase music for District Solo & Ensemble asap. 2 more weeks before the deadline. Get a hold of their accompanist.
If your student made a solo selection from the school library, remember they need to buy a 2nd copy.
If you need to purchase music, make your way over to Midwest Sheet Music in Maryland Heights. I have opened a tab with them.
1) For solos, purchase one copy for you and put one copy on the school tab.
2) For ensembles it’s up to you. If you want to keep the ensemble, purchase it for you. If you just want to play it this year, put it on the school tab.
More info regarding music selections on the MSHSAA website www.mshsaa.org/Activities/Info/MusicActivities.aspx
Bundle up, stay warm and see you tomorrow!
FHN Band Boosters
Attached are the December Booster Meeting Minutes. Gen Mtg December 2017
Please review them and alert the secretary of any errors or other questions at firstname.lastname@example.org The minutes will be presented for approval at the January meeting.