You can subscribe to the FHNBand Calendars from your own calendar software on your home computer or smartphone.
Using the links below, you can instruct your calendar software to update automatically with any new events or information added by the band.
- FHN Bands Calendar:
- FHN Band Parents Calendar:
- FHN Guard Calendar:
Any calendar software that supports iCal (.ics file format) subscriptions should be able to subscribe to the FHNBands calendars.
Your webmaster has found it best to copy the link(s) above, paste it/them into an email, and send that email to yourself. View the email on your phone and click the link. You will be prompted to confirm that you want to subscribe to the calendar.
The alternative of clicking on the links in the iPhone’s web browser allows you to import the currently defined events into your phone’s calendar, but does not appear to subscribe to future events.
- In the calendar section of your GMail/Google Apps account, there is a list on the left of calendars which are available to view.
- At the bottom right of that list is the word “Add”
- If you click this word and select “Add by URL” you can cut and paste the link. (Ignore the checkbox about making it publicly available.)
- If you are using an Android phone, this calendar will then sync to your Android phone, providing the account you add the calendar to is the account that you sync to your Android phone!
Microsoft Outlook 2007
For Outlook 2007 go into Account Manager in Outlook (Tools->Account Settings) and switch to Internet Calendars tab. Here you can both change the settings on existing subscriptions, and add new subscriptions by clicking “New”. Once you enter (cut and paste) the calendar link in the dialog box, Outlook will create the subscription.
Apple iCal etc.
You can subscribe to the calendar from iCal-friendly calendars such as Apple’s iCal. Click “Subscribe…” from the “Calendar” section of the menu bar and paste the link. Make sure you allow for alarms (optional) and attachments, but not to-do items. Set the auto-refresh time as necessary.
The Blackberry will not directly subscribe to iCal files. You can either import to your Outlook account (if that syncs to your phone) or set up a personal Google Calendar which you can add the band calendar to using the instructions above. You would then need to install Google Sync on your Blackberry device and have it sync to your Google calendar.
(Much of the information on this page was shamelessly stolen from the Maple Walk Schools website.)